Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
In all honesty I can’t remember the last time I had fried rice. I’ve never made it at home as I don’t do a lot of grains in general, and I never opt for this cuisine unless I make it myself as typically it’s loaded with sodium and potentially msg.
The combination of both of those make my entire body bloat instantly, but especially my face.
So as a whole it’s a rare occasion for me to make any foods that are in this category, beside my korean bbq sauce as its liquid gold!
Back in 2012 when cauliflower was gaining more momentum for cauliflower mash, being a gluten free pizza crust, buffalo cauliflower, and even cauliflower steaks, I thought I had truly seen every way that you could possibly use a cauliflower.
Then came 2015, and the birth of cauliflower rice!
From a distance, even I thought that the end result wouldn’t have the texture of rice and just would be an epic fail altogther, but I was wrong, totally wrong.
Cauliflower rice takes on the same texture as rice, takes less time to cook, has less carbs, is more filling, and will actually last a lot longer than rice as it typically tends to get hard within hours.
what I love most about this recipe is that its effortless, has minimal ingredients, is affordable, can be made in bulk and paired with more veggies or simply serve as a nutrient dense side!
If you’re looking to explore the world of innovative uses for cauliflower this concept is by far the easiest
You need to try this recipe for vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice!
Why this recipe rocks:
throw in as many veggies as you like
Tons of fiber
Can be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 cups
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 vegan Follow Your Heart eggs (mixed with water or almond milk)
- 1 large head cauliflower (stems removed, chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas & carrots)
- 2 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons gluten-free Tamari, Braggs Amino Acids or soy sauce (dish will not be GF if using soy sauce)
- Combine almond milk or water with FYH vegan eggs in a bowl then whisk to combine and set aside to thicken. Chop cauliflower head into big chunks then send through a food processor or blender, pulse until small crumbles appear.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add cauliflower, green onions, and mixed vegetables then stir fry until cauliflower is just beginning to turn tender, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper, and then continue to stir fry until garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds or so.
- Cook the vegan eggs in a small pan over medium heat. Chop into small pieces. (or to save dishes, push mixture to the sides of the wok to create an opening in the center then add the vegan eggs and scramble) Toss mixture to combine then drizzle in gluten-free Tamari/braggs or soy sauce and mix again to combine. Serve hot