Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
In recent years cauliflower has finally made a name for itself. Initially everyone was all about the cauliflower rice, but we’ve come to realize that there are countless other concepts that you can make with this miracle veggie.
While I love a cutting edge recipe, I wanted to take a few steps back to feature one of the first ever cauliflower concepts I made back in 2015, because it still holds up today.
Cauliflower Fried Rice!!
Whether you love cauliflower or simply hate it, this recipe is just such a game changer. At times I’ve done back to back cauliflower rice dishes in our home, so my husband can easily get maxed out on it, but even having said that.. he loves this dish!!
What’s fab about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, nutrient packed, flavor packed (unlike others I’ve tried), veggie packed, can easily be made in bulk, minimal ingredients, perf for any season, you can add whatever protein you like, perf for entertaining and will make even the biggest cauliflower haters fall in love with this EDS staple!!
If you’re looking to skip the rice or introduce staples into your routine, you have to try this recipe for vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice!!
Why this recipe rocks:
throw in as many veggies as you like
Tons of fiber
Can be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 servings
5 minPrep Time
16 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Frozen Cauliflower Rice (Whole Foods)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (peas & carrots)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper as needed
- 4 Tablespoons Amino Acids or Tamari
- Optional: 2 vegan Follow Your Heart eggs (follow instructions)
- In a large pan over medium heat add 1tbsp sesame oil and the frozen cauliflower rice. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan, set aside. If you don't have frozen cauliflower simply chop cauliflower head into big chunks then send through a food processor or blender, pulse until small crumbles appear.
- In the same pan add 1 tbsp sesame oil, the carrots and peas, 2 tbsps of Bragg's Amino Acids and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the garlic and green onions and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Now add back in the cooked cauliflower, 2tbsps Bragg's Amino Acids, season with salt and pepper, and then continue to stir fry until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Toss in the cooked, chopped, vegan eggs if desired. Garnish with additional scallions.