Chimichurri Cauliflower Steaks with Polenta
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Chimichurri sauce is derived from Argentina and is typically accompanied by steak, however in this case, it’s paired with cauliflower steaks and creamy polenta!! (much better choice!)
What I love about this recipe is just how effortless, filling, colorful, and rich in flavor it is! It’s tangy from the vinegar, spicy from the red pepper, and cheesy with the vegan parm coated on the steaks and mixed within the polenta! In addition to all that, the ingredients are accessible, affordable, and this dish can be made in bulk to be enjoyed throughout the week!
If you’re looking for a dish delivers in every capacity with flavor, texture, and nutritional value..
You need to try my recipes for vegan Chimichurri Cauliflower Steaks with Creamy Polenta!
Why this recipe rocks:
Tons of flavor
Touch of heat!
Chimichurri is fab with everything!
Tons of fiber!
Effortless Cauliflower Steaks!
20 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of parsley
- juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups cooked polenta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup parmasand cheese
- Cali steaks: Preheat oven to 400. Grease a baking sheet Set aside. To prepare the cauliflower: Gently cut the stem and leaves of the head of cauliflower, remove. Be careful to still keep the cauliflower in tact. Cut the cauliflower in half, and then in half again so you have four even pieces about 1-1½" thick. If you'd like to shave the edge of the rounded piece so it is flat, do so. Place cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet. Drizzle both sides of cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, using your hands rub the olive oil in. Season both sides with salt and pepper and top with vegan parmesan cheese. Roast for 20 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the steak over. Roast an additional 15-20 minutes. Steaks should be somewhat tender and slightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Chimichurri sauce: Add everything; minced garlic, pepper flakes, cilantro, parsley, lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until it cilantro is finely chopped and mixture looks like a sauce/paste, about 1 minute.
- Serve cauliflower steaks with chimichurri sauce. Throw cooked polenta in a food processor with sea salt and vegan parmesan cheese, been until smooth. Plating: layer of creamy polenta, top with chimichurri sauce, and then the cauliflower steak!