Vegan Cheddar Biscuits
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I had a biscuit. They typically are made with buttermilk and butter and I just never get a craving for them out of the thousands of vegan recipes that pop into my head.
Until I thought of making.. vegan Cheddar Biscuits!
Typically you don’t see cheddar biscuits unless you frequent the Red Lobster, but even today, people still talk about just how good they are so I had to give it whirl!
What I love about this recipe is that its of course sans animal products, has minimal ingredients, and packs tons of flavor and the texture is soft like buttah lol
If you’re looking for a biscuit to compliment your brunch (would skip the garlic), soup, dinner, or simply love a fab homemade biscuit…
You have to try these vegan Cheddar Biscuits!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Great for entertaining
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- olive oil (grease the pan)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable vegan butter, at room temperature (coating)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted vegan butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 package Follow Your Heart vegan Cheddar (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Make the biscuits: Pulse the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor. Add the cold butter and pulse until combined. Pulse 4 or 5 times, or until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Add the shredded vegan cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times. Combine the apple cider vinegar and milk, whisk together until it curdles.
- Pour in the almond milk and pulse just until the mixture is moistened and forms a shaggy dough. Turn out onto a clean surface and gently knead until the dough comes together. Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
- Drop the dough onto the baking sheet in scant 1/4-cup portions, 2 inches apart, and bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter: Melt the vegan butter with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in chopped parsley. Brush the biscuits with the garlic butter and serve warm.