Chicken Caesar Pizza
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I know what you’re thinking..
Salad, on pizza?
I mean I like both, but at the same time.. ?!
I’m telling you, if you love a good salad, and fresh bread, ..salad pizza is the answer
“Chicken” Caesar Salad Pizza to be exact lol
Truth, I’ve never actually had a Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza before, or any salad pizza for that matter, but I always loved Casar dressing long before my plant based days of course…
The concept has been just stuck in my head for months and months that I just couldn’t procrastinate any longer, ..thus the Vegan “Chicken” Caesar Salad Pizza was born..
What’ fab about this pizza?! Easy, homemade, affordable, tons of greens, fun to make, and the flavor is..
Why this recipe rocks:
tons of veggies
Great for entertaining
Great for the days you’re craving pizza, but trying to eat more greens aka breaking even lol
Because I promise you will be obsessed with salad pizza after you try this!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- cracked black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package cooked, Beyond Meat "chicken"
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- squeeze of lemon
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 head of romaine
- 1 carton heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 avocados
- cracked black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 small loaf of bread cut into small pieces and tossed in olive oil and 1tsp garlic powder
- To make the crust, add yeast and sugar to warm water and allow to proof for 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to lowest setting, after preheating is done, turn it off.
- While the yeast is proofing, combine the salt, nutritional yeast, garlic, and flour in the bowl. Once yeast is bubbling, combine with the flour mixture and then add the olive oil. Start to mix the dough by hand and then start to knead it on a floured surface. The dough should be soft but not sticky; add more flour if necessary. Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a nice ball. Pour a little more olive oil into the bottom of the bowl and put the dough back in, turning it once to coat with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, set it in the preheated oven, and allow to rise for for at least 45 minutes to an hour.
- When the dough has risen, punch it down, remove it from the bowl, and place it on a clean, well-floured counter. To make the dough more manageable, divide the dough into 3 equal portions so that you can achieve the right size. Roll each portion out to a thickness of 1/8-1/4″.
- Roll out the dough onto a greased pizza pan, coat the edges with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- While baking break out the defrosted chicken strips and cook in a medium size pan over medium heat with olive oil until you get a good sear. Top with lemon pepper seasoning and a squeeze of lemon and set aside. Wash and slice the romaine and tomatoes.
- To make the homemade croutons, throw in a small loaf chopped into pieces and coated with olive oil and garlic powder with the pizza or by itself and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once pizza is done baking remove from oven and let cool, top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, lemon chicken, dressing, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, cracked black pepper and paramasan
- Other options: faux bacon