Crispy Cauliflower Tacos
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
As a taco fanatic aka I love all variations and just the concept in general..
I’m beyond elated to share this recipe for Cauliflower Tacos as not only was it easy, it offer intricate flavors, texture, and the color was insanely beautiful!
I’ll be honest, cauliflower is one of those veggies that you can do a myriad of things with. You can bake it, fry it, steam it, and even make sauces with it! (stay tuned)
What’s also fab about cauliflower is that it has a neutral flavor giving it the opportunity to take on whatever flavor your heart desires!
Trying to cut carbs?! Toss this all on some fresh greens and call it a day!
Don’t have any tortillas or avoiding white bread?! Throw it on some whole wheat bread!
Not craving tacos altogether?! Switch up your cauliflower seasonings and completely change the direction of the dish!
The best recipes are the ones that are easy, filling, affordable, and gorgeous!
This is all of the above and more!
- 6 tortillas
- 1 medium cauliflower, sliced
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Juice and Zest of 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 sprig cilantro
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced into strips
- 1 cup white cabbage sliced into strips
- 1/2 watermelon radish cut into quarters
- ? cup vegan mayo
- 2 chilis in adobo sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.. Whisk together the coconut milk, zest and juice of 1 lime and ½ tsp sea salt in a bowl, set aside. Whisk together the panko, cornmeal, shredded coconut, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, ½ tsp sea salt and the pepper in another bowl set aside.
- Grease a pan with coconut oil line and assemble the bowls for breading the cauliflower with wet ingredients and then dry ingredients
- Dip piece of cauliflower in coconut milk mixture coating all sides, then roll the piece around in the dry mix making sure its well coated and adhering to the cauliflower. Transfer coated cauliflower to the baking sheet and continue until with remaining pieces. Bake cauliflower pieces for 25-30 minutes. Rotate the pieces after 15 minutes to ensure they cook evenly. Cauliflowers should be a golden brown color and crispy.
- While cauliflower is baking, you can make the spicy mayo. In a food processor throw together all of the ingredients. Set aside in fridge ready for use. Assemble tacos by placing a tortilla on a plate, top with cabbage mixture, watermelon radish, breaded cauliflower, and 2-3 cauliflower bites with avocado and spicy mayo. Top with an additional squeeze of lime.