Curry Chickpea Burger
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Although I love a good veggie burger, but I don’t actually have a plethora of burger recipes lol.
(probably because there are a myriad of companies that offer products sans fillers and preservatives, god bless)
I’ve done a Beet Burger, which today still remains to be one of my all time favorite recipes, but I wanted to finally explore a chick pea burger!!
My personal approach to everything I make is to focus on classic eats, but put a more modern spin on it!
The concept of this Curry Chickpea burger came to fruition as I once was a huge fan of this Marsala burger that was offered at Trader Joes. The bad news about that burger was that it was processed, had high sugar, and just all around wasn’t worth the indulgence.
Truth, 8 years later, these veggie patties were still on my mind lol.
What’s awesome about these burgers are that they are easy, affordable, take minutes, pack tons of flavor, and most importantly..
Even if you don’t like curry, you will love this Curry Chickpea burger
Why this recipe rocks:
Minimal ingredients, lots of spice!
Great for those who don’t even like curry!
Um, curry mayo, nuff said!
- 1 can chickpeas - rinsed, drained
- 1 medium carrot - diced
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley - minced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Curry Mayo
- 1 cup veganaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp curry
- For Serving
- 4 burger buns
- greens of choice
- sliced red onion
- Place chickpeas, carrot, onion, garlic and scallions into food processor bowl and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add panko, chickpea flour, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pulse again until well mixed.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Coat a large skillet with remaining olive oil and place over medium heat. Working in batches if necessary, place patties in skillet and cook until browned on bottoms, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on opposite sides, about 4 minutes more. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Assemble burger with buns with patties and top with curry mayo, greens and sliced red onions.