Vegan Curry Chickpea & Quinoa Burger
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I don’t know about you, but while I really enjoy curry, I only utilize it in a handful of soups and a tofu dish. For the most part it just doesn’t seamlessly fit into a lot of my “go to” recipes as the flavor can be very overpowering and take over a dish. One of my personal favorite curry concepts though, is this vegan Curry Chickpea and Quinoa Burger from 2016!!
Since breaking into the plant based world, I initially recall surviving on veggie burgers. At that time they were the store bought frozen options and today given the myriad of options we have, they were just plain awful lol. Needless to say, I don’t have a endless veggie burger options as I love to explore other concepts..
But when it comes to the staples, I have all the goods! In order my personal faves are, the Greek Burger, this Curry Chickpea Burger, Hawaiian Sweet Potato, and the Beet Burger. (remaking the Butternut Squash Burger this week!)
What I love about this recipe, is everything! It’s jam packed with chickpeas, quinoa, and carrots, uses ground oats instead of flour, can easily be made in bulk, affordable, easy, packs tons of flavor, perf for any season, non vegan approved, and the curry mayo just puts it over the top!
Whether you like curry, or completely loathe it, you will love this Curry Chickpea & Quinoa burger!
Why this recipe rocks:
Minimal ingredients, lots of spice!
Great for those who don’t even like curry!
Um, curry mayo, nuff said!
25 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 can chickpeas - rinsed, drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 medium carrot - diced
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley - minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup ground oats
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup veganaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp curry
- For Serving
- 4 burger buns
- greens of choice
- sliced red onion or pickled!
- For the burgers, throw everything in a food processor and pulse til the mixture starts to come together. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Coat a large skillet with remaining olive oil and place over medium heat. Working in batches if necessary, place patties in skillet and cook until browned on bottoms, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on opposite sides, about 4 minutes more. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Curry Mayo: Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve: Assemble burger with buns with patties and top with curry mayo, greens and fresh sliced red onion or my favorite, pickled red onion!