Vegan Fried Artichokes
Hello & Happy Monday!!
All I can say is that, I’m glad I finally explored one of my favorite recipes again, but this time sans animal products!
While I don’t advocate for fried foods on a regular basis, there are some fried eats that I just can’t live without. One of them of course is fried artichokes! (other faves, homemade tortilla chips/fried pickles/fried chicken)
What I love most about this recipe is that it can be effortlessly made vegan, packs tons of flavor, is a veggie, and can even be baked versus fried and served without the aioli to conserve calories and still be amazing!!
True story: Long before my cooking days and even before my plant based days, I made a non vegan version of these and they came out completely terrible lol. Although only right out of high school, I hope that sheds light on how cooking is truly trial and error process whether you’re a newbie or an iron chef. If a recipe fails, try and try again!
If you gravitate towards all things artichokes (myself) or simply love a vegan app that will be a crowd pleaser for vegan and non vegans..
You need to try this recipe for vegan Fried Artichokes with a garlic aioli, ….like yesterday!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be baked or fried
Can skip the sauce altogether to conserve calories
Non vegan approved
Yields 20 to 30 bites
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 container vegan Follow Your Heart Shredded parm cheese
- 1 1/2 cups vegan Panko breading
- 1 (15 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 4 Follow Your Heart vegan eggs w/1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh parley (minced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan mayo
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator while frying the artichokes. Heat oil in a small skillet to about 350°F.
- Whisk vegan egg with almond milk in a small bowl. Combine vegan Parmesan, garlic powder, and Panko breadcrumbs and place in another small bowl. Dip artichoke in the flour, then vegan egg mixture coating well, then dip in breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry artichokes for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove artichokes from skillet and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately with garlic aioli dipping sauce.