Glass Noodles with homemade Korean BBQ Sauce
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If you’re still recovering from the festive weekend, this recipe for Pink Dragonfruit glass noodles with homemade Korean bbq sauce with brighten up your day.. literally.
Although I love food colors of all shades, pink would be my favorite. You can achieve this color through the incorporation of pink dragonfruit or get close to this shade with using beets!
But I promise, nothing will give you a hue quite this shade of pink without pink dragonfruit!
What’s fab about this recipe is that its comprised of glass noodles, which are super fun, affordable, versatile, and easy to work with.
This vegan korean bbq sauce is also just as amazing as these pink dragonfruit noodles! Just like the glass noodles, its very versatile and can be used in a myriad of dishes that can take a so so dish to a..
Where can I get some more dish?!!!! lol
If you’re looking to get creative in your kitchen while also exploring a classic sauce the will become a staple in your home..
You need to try this recipe!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for kids
Made in minutes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Tamari
- 1 TB rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 TBs arrowroot
- 1 TB water
- 3 tbsp scallions
- 2 cups glass noodles
- 1/2 package of defrosted pink dragonfruit
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat add all the ingredients except for the arrowroot and water.
- Whisk everything together and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, stir together the arrowroot and water until it dissolves.
- Gradually pour the mixture into the boiling sauce, while continuously whisking for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce has become thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool before pouring into a jar.
- Soak noodles in cold water with half a packet of defrosted pink dragonfruit for 5-10 minutes or as instructed on package. This will soften the noodles and dye them. Once ready enjoy cold with the homemade sauce or heat with korean bbq sauce in a small sauce pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Top with avocado,black sesame seeds and scallions