Korean Bbq Tofu with dragon fruit glass noodles
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
With V-day around the corner I thought I would revamp some of my classic recipes as I went through a pink dragon fruit phase back in 2014. For those not familiar with dragon fruit, it’s a bright pink colored fruit that has little to no flavor, making it perfect for creating color in countless dishes as it won’t alter the flavor!
While you can achieve a pinkish hue using beets, I promise, nothing will give you a hue quite this shade of pink without pink dragonfruit!
What’s fab about this recipe is that it’s easy, involves staple ingredients, the sauce can be used for a myriad of dishes, you can pair it with veggies if you don’t prefer tofu, the color is fun for Valentine’s Day and kids!
If you’re looking to get creative in your kitchen while also exploring a classic sauce the will become a staple in your home..
You need to try my recipe for vegan Korean Bbq Tofu with dragon fruit glass noodles!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for kids
Made in minutes
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2 servings
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 2/3 cup water water
- 3 tbsp scallions
- 1 block tofu, drained, cubed
- 2 cups glass noodles
- sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp dragon fruit (defrosted)
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat add all the ingredients except for the corn starch and water. Whisk everything together and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, stir together the corn starch and water until it dissolves.
- Gradually pour the mixture into the boiling sauce, while continuously whisking for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce has become thickened. Remove from heat and cool before pouring into a jar.
- Drain and cube the tofu. Cook in a skillet over medium heat with a little sesame oil. Once fully cooked, toss and coat in the sauce.
- Prepare the noodles as directed. Toss and coat in the dragon fruit. Served with the tofu. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.