Vegan Chickpea & Quinoa Greek Burger
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I can’t even begin to describe how much I love Greek Food, or well, the concept of dill, olives, feta and cucumber! While my number one favorite thing to do with dill is make a mean vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad…
My second favorite thing to do with dill now is, .. MAKE VEGAN GREEK BURGERS!!
This recipe was created while on a whim nearly 4 years ago and the flavors were so on point. However, just like the ADD person I am, I’m onto the next concept and was waiting to revisit the recipe again. Once I made the decision to integrate video tutorials for all my recipes it was said and done..
I have to recreate this burger just to convey how good it really is. It was so good, just typing about it makes me crave it and my husband ate two lol.
What I love about this recipe is that it’ colorful, has no flour, packed with chickpeas and quinoa, nutrient dense, filling, has great presentation, can be made in bulk and frozen, packs tons of flavor, tofu feta cheese which goes well on everything, the flavors blend seamlessly together, non vegan approved, and its perfect for any day, rain or shine!
If you’re looking for a innovative vegan burger that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try my Greek Burger recipe!! I guarantee it will change your mind about vegan eats!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made into mini bites for entertaining!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 burgers
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- (olive oil and other seasonings optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oats (measure pre grinded)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 small green onions, minced (green part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped black or kalamata olives
- 2 1/2 tbsp. minced parsley
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 small container of vegan plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2-3 tbsp. minced fresh dill (as desired)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 burger buns
- red onion
- Tofu Feta: Press the firm tofu to remove excess water. Use paper towels or paper towels with a weight on top to assist in the process. Cut the tofu into cubes. For the marinade mix all other ingredients in container add the cubed tofu, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and ideally 3-5 days. Tofu will take more texturized form and resemble feta cheese more.The longer it sits the better it will taste! My first batch sat in the fridge for nearly 5 days and as the days passed tasted better and better. Would throw away after two weeks.
- Burgers: Cook quinoa according to instructions with vegetable stock. Drain quinoa well. Set aside. Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to oil and cook until tender and browned around edges, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic, oregano, and salt into onion. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse into dust. Place beans in a large bowl and mash until smooth. Add quinoa, sauteed onion mixture, Panko, dill, squeeze of lemon, oat flour, green onions, chopped olives, parsley, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well, then divide into 4 patties. If the patties are not sticking together you can add more oats. I like to coat the outside with light Panko for a more crispy outside! Heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add patties to oil and cook until browned on both sides.
- Prepare sauce: While Greek burgers are cooking, mix together cucumber, vegan yogurt/sour cream, crumbled vegan feta, minced garlic, lemon and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top burgers with arugula, red onion, avocado and Cucumber Feta Sauce.