Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I can’t even begin to describe how much I love Greek Food, or well, the concept of dill, olives, vegan feta and cucumber! While my number one favorite thing to do with dill is make a mean vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad…
My second favorite thing to do with dill now is, .. MAKE VEGAN GREEK BURGERS!!
What I love about this recipe is that its colorful, has no flour, nutrient dense, filling, has great presentation, tofu feta cheese, the flavors blend seamlessly together, and its perfect for warm summer days!!
If you’re looking for a innovative vegan burger that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try my Greek Burger recipe!!
Want to see just how easy it is to make Tofu Feta?!
Watch this clip above!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made into mini bites for entertaining!
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Braggs apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- (olive oil and other seasonings optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Follow Your Heart vegan egg mixed w/water (or a flax egg)
- 1/2 cup oats (grinded)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 small green onions, minced (green part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped black or kalamata olives
- 2 1/2 tbsp. minced parsley
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 small container of vegan plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2-3 tbsp. minced fresh dill (as desired)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 burger buns
- red onion
- Press the firm tofu to remove excess water. Use paper towels or paper towels with a weight on top to assist in the process. Cut the tofu into cubes. For the marinade mix all other ingredients in container add the cubed tofu, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and ideally 3-5 days. Tofu will take more texturized form and resemble feta cheese more.The longer it sits the better it will taste! My first batch sat in the fridge for nearly 5 days and as the days passed tasted better and better. Would throw away after two weeks.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add quinoa to water and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain quinoa well. Set aside. Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to oil and cook until tender and browned around edges, stirring frequently.
- Stir garlic, oregano, and salt into onion. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse into dust. Place beans in a large bowl and mash until smooth. Add quinoa, sauteed onions, dill, squeeze of lemon, vegan egg, oat flour, green onions, chopped olives, parsley, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well, then divide into 4 patties. Heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add patties to oil and cook until browned on both sides.
- While Greek burgers are cooking, mix together cucumber, vegan yogurt/sour cream, crumbled vegan feta, minced garlic and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top burgers with arugula, red onion, cucumber, and Cucumber Feta Sauce.