Greek Cauliflower Steaks
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I was out of town for a week finalizing wedding deets so recipes were on the slower side last week. So THIS week I thought I’d hit you guys with some of my favorite client recipes.
Cauliflower is one of those magical veggies that has the ability to transform into a pizza crust, sauce, a savory bite, and even works well as a hardy vegan veggie steak!
The trick to making veggies superb, is always to have fab seasoning and sauce!
Many new foodies struggle with understanding that and will typically gravitate away from cooking more plant based eats! As a well seasoned foodie I’ve got you covered with what flavors blend seamlessly together. Everyone has their go to when it comes to cooking. Mine..
is always fresh herbs!!
Growing up we always used store bought conventional spices. Nothing fancy, just your basic run of the mill options. Today though, food has evolved to become something we all love and using fresh herbs is now commonplace. I’m truly jealous of all the wonderful eats children are exposed to today as I’d give anything to have known what I was missing!
I love this recipe for a myriad of reasons. I love all things Greek, the savoriness of the cauliflower, the lightness in the sauce, the taste of grilled lemon, and the dill rice just ties it in altogether.
A recipe so easy, you don’t even need a tutorial video lol. If you’re looking for a weekly staple that will keep your tastebuds on their toes..
You need my recipe for a Greek Cauliflower Steak with dill rice!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Easily be made in bulk
Yields 2 to 4 steaks
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 head cauliflower (sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sliced Italian olives
- additional fresh dill
- 1/2 grilled lemon
- 1/2 cup vegan yourt or sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp fresh dill
- Set oven to 400. Slice cauliflower, drizzle with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until crispy. Once ready turn off the oven and throw in the pine nuts with a drizzle of olive oil and toast for 7 minutes.
- Make the sauce: throw all the ingredients in a dish, combine, set aside in fridge until ready to use.
- Plate. Place the rice on the plate first. Top with the cauliflower steak, then the sauce, then garnish with the pine nuts and olives, and option grilled lime and additional dill.