Vegan Grilled Street Corn Pasta Salad
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I don’t know about you, but I love grilled street corn. There is a place in NYC that has the best on the block that I previously enjoyed upwards of 100 times. It’s sweet, savory, cheesy, and perhaps the only time I ever eat corn lol.
Vegan Grilled Street Corn Pasta Salad!!
I never once thought I would ever be a “pasta salad” person. I’m not even a pasta person to begin with, but the idea of pairing it with tons of veggies to make a colorful and filling dish is absolutely my cup of tea!
What I love about this dish is, everything. It’s easy, cheesy, affordable, packed with tons of veggies, colorful, it slightly sweet, savory, spicy, has multiple textures, is cost effective, non vegan approved, perfect for a picnic or bbq and just doesn’t disappoint!
If you love effortless no brainer vegan eats..
You have to try my recipe for vegan Grilled Street Corn Pasta Salad!
Want to see this recipe in action?!
Watch this clip above!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Non vegan approved
Can easily be made in bulk
Yields five servings
30 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked and kernels cut from cob (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup slightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 avocados peeled, cored and chopped small
- 34 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup black beans
- garnish 1 lime (sliced)
- chili powder (as desired)
- 1 package of shiitakes (sliced)
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart parm cheese
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili powder, then more to taste and top
- Shiitake Bacon: Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients and bake in the oven on 250 for 30 to 40 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard. (coat in ingredients for however long you can). Set aside to cool before incorporating into salad.
- Vegan parm cheese: Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a large flat top on your grill top. Grease corn with olive oil and throw on top of the grill for five to 1o minutes until well charred, rotating every two minutes. Top with chili powder and sea salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Remove corn from the cobb, and add to a medium bowl along with, sliced onions, cilantro, sliced jalapeño, penne, and shiitake bacon. Top with the vegan parm dressing and coat evenly. Top with additional sauce, a squeeze of lime and additional chili powder to taste! Place in fridge until ready to serve.