Homemade Vegan BBQ Sauce
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
One thing I’ve come to realize is that you can make anything taste a million times better with fresh ingredients and the perf sauce.
The best vegan Smokey Bbq sauce that’s tangy + sweet and can easily be thrown on a pizza, sandwich, or even a salad for those days your body is craving something a little lighter
I can’t quite explain it, but I’ve always had an affinity for all things smokey tasting. (I’m from Georgia)
If that’s your cup of tea, then you’re going to love this effortless recipe for “Smokey Bbq Sauce”!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Great with everything!
Yields 3 cups
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped finely
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (less if you don’t like it spicy)
- 16 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Siracha
- 3 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 tbsp vegan worcesterchire
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in oil on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients to the pan, whisk to combine, and cook for about 30 minutes uncovered over low heat. Stir occasionally and make sure it doesn't burn.
- For more tangyness add additional apple cider vinegar, for more sweetness add more brown sugar. Remove from heat and let cool.
- You can place in a food processor, but it isn't needed.