Vegan Jalapeno Cheddar Knots
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I’ve officially been back post wedding for almost 2 weeks and I STILL feel like I’m catching up lol. I’m not quite sure if I even had gone shopping when I whipped up this recipe, but thats simply because…
I ALWAYS have jalapeños and vegan cheddar in my fridge!!
That’s simply because I love both, but especially heat! Adding a hint of heat to anything whether it be the focal point or just a hint is like adding salt. It enhances the flavor and actually help you burn calories due to peppers containing capsacian!
What I love about this recipe is, everything. It may seem like a lot of steps or time, but the instructions are seamless! It’s easy, cheesy, has minimal ingredients, doesn’t have to be perfect, packs heat, perf for any season, and non vegan approved!!
If you love heat and staple recipes, you have to try my recipe for vegan Jalapeño Cheddar Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for entertaining
Non vegan approved
Need to see a tutorial?!
Watch this clip above!!
Yields 8 to 10 knots
1 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. yeast
- 1 cup warm almond milk
- 1/2 cup sliced or diced jalapeños, drained (i like it hot)
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5-8 THIN slices jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 250. Add yeast to lukewarm almond milk and let sit for 10 minutes, Add 3 cups of flour to a large bowl. Add salt. Stir in yeast mixture along with vegetable oil. Add and mix an additional ¼ cup of flour. Knead until smooth.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Turn off oven. Let rise in oven until doubled (about 1 hour). As dough rises, prepare the topping by shredding cheese and slicing jalapeños.
- Preheat oven to 250. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. slice 1inch+ thick strips. Working with each strip, flatten and spread, top with a generous layer of shredded vegan cheddar and sliced jalapeños. Tie each of the 32 strips into a knot.Repeat with all pieces.
- Once all are done, top with more shredded cheese and jalapeños, drizzle with olive oil. Turn off oven, place aluminum foil over skillet and let the knots rise until puffy in oven, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Remove the aluminum foil. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 25 minutes.