Mac and Cheese Burger
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
While it’s a rarity for me to ever eat pasta (truth), I love anything with spice and shiitake bacon!
This recipe came to fruition while craving something spicy and savory and of course effortless!!
What I enjoy about this concept is that it has multiple flavor dimensions, cheesy, salty, savory, and spicy all rolled into one. If you even wanted to add a slight hint of sweetness you could also add maple syrup to the marinade for the shiitakes!
I found this recipe to be a no brainer and aesthetically pleasing to the eye and my tastebuds!
If you love a little fire, recipes with a wow factor and ones that please even the non vegans, you have to try my recipe for vegan Jalapeño Shiitake Bacon Mac n Cheese Burgers!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made sans jalapeño to be child appropriate!
Great for entertaining! (can be made into mini bites to serve)
Yields 4 Burgers
Easy peasy Mac n Cheese Jalapeño Shiitake Bacon Burgers
1 hrPrep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 block vegan Follow Your Heart Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 jalapeños sliced
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 3/4 cup Panko
- 4 buns
- 1 cup shiitakes sliced
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or any oil)
- Shiitake bacon: add the sliced shiitakes to a bowl and coat in all the ingredients. Let sit for a few hours or overnight for optimal flavor or simply toss and bake on 200 for 45mins until crispy. Rotate midway to ensure crispness!
- In a pan add the chopped vegan cheese, add the almond milk, store and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until completely melted and combined. Add to the cooked and drained pasta, combine, add the shiitake bacon, sliced jalapeño and panko. Form into patties, and serve on buns!