Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I think it’s safe to say that I have yet to feature any adult beverages via Eat Drink Shrink. However, just like all my eats, I like everything fresh, colorful, and flavorful! I typically reach for a glass of pinot noir unless its summer, but at times I crave a hand crafted cocktail!
While I’ve mastered a gin & cucumber cocktail and a fresh whiskey ginger, I love a good Jalapeño Margarita!
If you find yourself gravitating towards spice, the jalapeno’s add another dimension of flavor with a hint of fire. Throw in some El Yucateco® Green or Red Habanero Sauce and you have a powerful cocktail that not only packs more flavor, but also a hint of heat to make you sip slower! El Yucateco® is the #1 consumer choice for habanero sauce. I carry El Yucateco® in my purse and take it camping, to a friends BBQ and to my favorite restaurant too. It is a fun flavorful brand that we all love and becomes part of our every day life. El Yucateco® Green Habanero Hot Sauce is made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings. This sauce packs a little more heat then the red habanero but has far less vinegar then the average hot sauce. This green sauce has a fresh crisp habanero flavor that enhances any dish when used as a condiment or blends perfectly into creamy dips toning down the heat while bringing that fresh habanero flavor to classic dips and dressings as well as drinks like this japaleno margarita.
How good is this combo?!
So good you could have it sans alcohol for a morning jolt!
I promise that after you explore jalapeños & El Yucateco® Sauces with tequila it will be all you crave! To enhance the experience, serve with vegan cauliflower, beef, or steak tacos and homemade guacamole!
El Yucateco® is giving entrants the chance to win a one-of-a-kind custom designed surfboard, camping packages and MORE!
Huge selection at Key Foods NYC
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon agave (use more/less to taste)
- 6-8 slices of cucumber, (skin on)
- 2tsp El Yucateco Habanero hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp (coarse) kosher salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Add tequila, lime juice, Yucateco Habanero hot sauce, agave, mint, and cucumber to a blender. Pulse for 1 minute/smooth. Strain out the liquid into a cocktail shaker. Add the jalapeno slices, and muddle until you reach your desired level of heat. The longer you muddle, the more heat is released.
- Add 1/2 cup of ice, shake, then strain it into serving glasses that have been rimmed with cayenne. Add ice and garnish wth cucumber, jalapeño or mint.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl until. Coat the rim of glass with the edge of a lime wedge then dip your glass into the cayenne mixture, until evenly coated. Repeat with remaining glasses.