Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Since everyone’s all about Super Bowl eats, these vegan Jalapeño Poppers were a no brainer!
Truth, since I didn’t have an affinity for spice until recently, I can’t even recall the last time I’ve had one and this is absolutely the first one I’ve ever made..
But wow, these turned out fab.
What’s different about these is that they are wrapped in Wontons, which I love, giving them more of a crispy texture, and I also diced my jalapeños, making the heat factor more tolerable versus slices of jalapeño and of course..
It’s cheesy, and dairy free!!
If you’re looking to wow your non vegan friends or you simply gravitate towards all things with a lil heat..
You’ll love this effortless recipe for Vegan Jalapeño Poppers
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Can baked or fried
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
2 hr, 15 Cook Time
2 hr, 35 Total Time
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese, softened/room temp
- 1 cup shredded Follow Your Heart Cheese (optional)
- 1 cup vegan Follow Your Heart mozzarella cheese or any other blend, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2-4 jalapeño peppers, diced (if you don't like it spicy, take out the seeds)
- 4 scallions - chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) package vegan Wonton wrappers - found in fridge area at the store
- Mix all ingredients together and use a teaspoon to scoop the dip onto the middle of each wonton.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton with a little bit of water. Fold the triangle in half and press to seal- removing air from the inside. Be sure to close any areas where the filling could be exposed to air Repeat, setting aside on a plate.
- Place into a preheated deep fryer, cooking a few at a time for a few minutes each, until golden brown. Take out and place on paper towel to drain excess grease. (Although I prefer the deep fried method, you can also bake on 350 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown)