Vegan Kale Caesar Salad Pizza
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
One of my first creations was a Ceasar Salad pizza! It missed the mark with the perfect crust, homemade dressing, and utilizing kale, but I loved the concept!
I typically stick to simple olive oil and balsamic vinegar when it comes to salad dressing, but I love a good cashew caesar dressing! For whatever reason, it’s easy to replicate the flavors without diary or anchovies. That being said, I knew I needed to revisit this recipe to revamp it an use my classic caesar dressing!
While salad pizzas have yet to catch on, it’s my favorite way to enjoy it, packed to the max with veggies!
What I love about this concept, is everything! You can use store bought dough, create the perfect garlic crust, you can easily make the crust in advance, make in bulk, packs veggies, multiple textures, a hint of sweet and heat with the shiitake bacon, perfect for entertaining, perf for any season, and is non vegan approved!
If you’re searching for a modern spin on a classic kale caesar, you have to try my recipe for a vegan Kale Caesar Salad Pizza!
Why this recipe rocks:
tons of veggies
Great for entertaining
Great for the days you’re craving pizza, but trying to eat more greens aka breaking even lol
Because I promise you will be obsessed with salad pizza after you try this!
Yields 2-4 servings
20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked, drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tsps capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp white miso
- 4 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk (can use water)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup shallots (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups kale (removed from stems, shredded)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocados
- additional vegan parm for topping
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesane
- 1 small package shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 2 tsp soy
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Shiitake bacon: Wash, thinly slice the mushrooms, keeping the stems, and soak in the ingredients for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better. Place in oven on a baking sheet with aluminum foil on 250 for 30-40 minutes. Rotate midway. Should be slightly crisp, but not overly crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Crust: Set the oven to 450, coat with olive oil, garlic, and vegan parmesan. Bake on 400 for 15 minutes. let cool.
- To make the dressing: Soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain water, and combine all ingredients in a food processor. (I recommend the Vitamix for the smoothest texture) Blend until smooth and store in the fridge until needed.
- Assemble the pizza: Wash kale, remove from the stems and slice thin. Place olive oil in your hands and massage the leaves for 2-3 minutes until soft. Dress the greens, toss in chopped tomatoes. Garnish with shiitake bacon, avocado, and vegan parm.