Kale Caesar Salad with Garlic Bread Crumbs
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been enamored with caesar salads since a child. I loved all the flavors and various components. However, down the road we all realized that caesar dressing is mayonnaise based and romaine lettuce doesn’t pack much nutrients and the kale caesar exploded.
A Kale Caesar Salad was one of the first concepts I ever created on Eat Drink Shrink and remains to be one of my favorite dishes today!
Being that this is an iconic dish today, I wanted to revisit it, make it more simplified, but amplify the flavor.. and the vegan Kale Caesar with Rosemary and Garlic Parmesan Crisps and Garlic Breadcrumbs was born! While it sounds fancy and complex, I swear it’s super easy, and this salad will become your favorite go to!
What’s fab about this salad, is everything. I could literally eat this every day! All processes are quick, easy, the ingredients affordable, features your staple kale greens, a dressing that involves no food processors, no cashews, can easily be made in bulk, the breadcrumbs give a boost of flavor and texture, the parmesan crisps just put this salad over the top!
If you love staple salads that you’ll enjoy until the end of time, you don’t want to miss this 2.0 Kale Caesar Salad with garlic bread crumbs and Rosemary & Garlic Parmesan Crisps!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Effortless salad dressing
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 salads
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch kale (any variety)
- 1/2 vegan breadcrumbs
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tub vegan Follow Your Heart Parmesan Shreds
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salad dressing: Combine all the ingredients (minus the kale) in a small bowl. If your tahini is more solid, you can simply pop in the microwave and smooth it out.
- Garlic bread crumbs: In a small pan over medium heat add the oil and the bread crumbs. Toast for 3-5 minutes until few crumbs remain untested. Toss in the garlic and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Parmesan Crisps: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl combine the parmesan and rosemary.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan onto a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet and lightly pat down. You can use more, it just may take longer to cook. However, you can make them as thin and delicate or thick like a cracker. Spacing the spoonfuls about a 1/2 inch apart.
- Sprinkle the tops with garlic powder. If you mix in prior, the garlic powder may clump due to the moisture.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool. If the center isn't as crisp as you like simply pop back in for a few minutes.