Vegan Matcha Chocolate Chip Muffins
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
If there is one concept I crave on the weekends, it’s a good muffin! Months ago I crafted the best vegan muffin recipe and I’ve been on the move to create a new concept every weekend.
What’s fab about a muffin is they are quick and easy, the texture is lighter than a bread, but not as light as a cupcake, and the flavor options are just endless!
To day I’ve whipped up a Cinnamon Pear, Triple Berry, Lemon Blueberry, Double Dark Chocolate Chip, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine , Lemon Rosemary, & Dark Chocolate & Raspberry muffins!
After all those muffin recipes, it occurred to me that I have NEVER done a matcha muffin and I’m ALL ABOUT the matcha! That being said, it was a quick and easy answer, I must do one! While I love matcha with blueberries, there is something fab about pairing chocolate and matcha that just made more sense!
What I love about this muffin, is everything! It’s my staple muffin recipe with a lil more wet ingredients to level out the matcha powder, it’s quick, easy, affordable, packs matcha, a gorgeous color, butter soft, notes of chocolate, per for any season, and perf for brunch!
If you love all things matcha or just modern vegan recipes, you’re going to love these new vegan Matcha Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Why this recipe rocks:
Dairy and egg free
Perf for any season!
Notes of chocolate and matcha!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 depending on size
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil plus 1 tsp, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, matcha, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the chocolate chips placing additional on top. , and fill into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, making an aluminum foil tent midway to prevent browning the tops too much. Once a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean, remove from heat.