Vegan Double Chocolate Merlot Cookies
Hello & Happy Friday!
Words can’t express how excited that it’s Friday! Today I was scrambling to do a promo video for 2 companies right before a doctors appointment as they were behind on product shipment, now I’m throwing together this recipe, and still haven’t cooked today lol. If you haven’t realized, I cook every. single. day.
Not because I have to, but because I genuinely love it! That’s when you know that you’ve found what you love to do.
It’s truly a struggle for me to step out of the kitchen and think about larger projects as I find so much fulfillment in simply cooking. However, I’m trying to utilize the weekends to try and take a cooking break and focus the larger plans for Eat Drink Shrink, but again, the struggle is real! lol
As a wine enthusiast I love throwing it into savory dishes as it can take a “so so” recipe and make something fabulous! If like me you’re all about wine, you’re going to fall in love with this recipe!! I had heard about this concept last year and it remained on my bucket list since. So I finally took the plunge and tested this concept, and I’m just so glad I did!
Although not a chocolate person, I love how there are notes of red wine in these cookies and it just pairs so seamlessly with the dark chocolate more than I ever realized!
This recipe is one for the books for countless reasons. It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, packs tons of flavor, is affordable (depending on the wine you use lol), buttery soft, perf for a gift, perf for any season, and is non vegan approved!
If you want to take your love for red wine next level, you have to try my recipe for vegan Double Chocolate Merlot Cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packs tons of flavor
Perf for any season
Perf gift for the wine lover!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 9-15 cookies
15 minPrep Time
8 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups coco powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 Follow Your Heart vegan egg, mixed with water or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Merlot
- 10 ounce bag Lily's Sweets Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a medium bowl combine, the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl; cream together the vegan butter until light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup or agave, vegan egg, vanilla and Merlot. Once combined, gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix well after each addition. Fold in chocolate chips and spoon out a rounded tablespoon onto a prepared baking pan, leaving two inches or so in between.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire cooling rack.