Vegan Mexican Pull Bread
Hello & Happy Friday!!
In a world filled with perf entertaining eats, how do you select the perfect recipe?
My current and forever obsession..
Vegan pull breads!
You can fill them with whatever you want.. veggies, cheese, faux meats, herbs, spices and simply toss in the oven and bake!
What I love most about this recipe is that it doesn’t even need a serving dish, is filling, affordable, and can turn any drab gathering into a fab gathering!!
If you love the concept of a pull bread, but have yet to explore it, you need to try my recipe for vegan Mexican Pull Bread!!
Why I love this recipe:
Great for entertaining
Non vegan approved
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 loaf bread
- 1 package Gardein faux beef crumbles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 2 jalapeños
- 2-3 vine ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 block Follow Your Heart vegan cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/3 cup vegan Follow Your Heart Sour Cream
- 1-2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large pan heat the defrosted faux beef crumbles with a drizzle of olive oil, cumin, and chile powder. Cook for 10 mins.
- Take the loaf of bread and make slices through the bread so that it resembles a checkerboard. Stuff shredded cheese and faux beef crumbles, red onion, with jalapeño in the bread. Cant the bread with olive oil, chili powder, and cumin.
- Bake for 20 minutes wrapped, and uncover and continue to bake 5-10 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven, and top with tomatoes, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, and additional cheese if desired.