Vegan Mexican Street Corn
Hello & Happy Friday!!
There are a handful of things I still crave as a plant based advocate, fish tacos, and Spanish style corn with cojita cheese!! Please note I don’t even like corn, but THIS combination of sweet and spicy with a squeeze of lime..
In the midst of experiencing another craving, the thought occurred to me that I should develop a vegantastic version that’s sans dairy and cheese, but offers identical flavors!!
What I love most about this recipe is that it requires minimal accessible/affordable ingredients (unlike cojita cheese which is hard to find) and labor, has less calories than the classic version, and the presentation is SO gorgeous!
Although many would say this is more of a summer bbq time appetizer, I promise if done right, it’s good.. All. Year. Round.
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Sweet & Spicy
Great for a vegan bbq
Great for Cinco de Mayo
Perf off the cobb and thrown in a salad!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 4 large corn
- 2 tbsp vegan earth balance butter
- 1 cup Vegan Follow Your Heart Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons chile powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced, optional
- 1 lime, cut into four wedges
- spicy mayo
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart mayo
- 2 chilis in adobo sauce
- 2 tbs adobo sauce
- 1/2 squeeze lime
- avocado cream
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 sprig fresh cilantro
- 1/2 squeeze lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush corn lightly with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes. (option to grill or boil corn.)
- In a food processor combine all of the spicy mayo ingredients and separately the avocado cream. Working with one ear of corn at time brush with mayonnaise, avocado cream, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, chile powder and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. (a must!)
Notes Alternate spices if desired For less mess remove from the cob and add maybe even addd red onion! Other option: you can top with spicy mayo!