Vegan Miso Soup Recipe
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Since we are still in transition with the weather, aka, spring is hopefully around the corner, I’ve been fixated on effortless soups! One of my favorite staple soups is non other than..
For some reason this soup is one of the only varieties I’ll order at a restaurant. Perhaps it’s because to me its nostalgic having enjoyed it as a kid, or I feel as though I can trust it due to the minimal ingredients in the soup itself. (true story) Needless to say, I still enjoy this soup to this day and love it even more knowing just how effortless and affordable it is!
What I love most about this recipe is how seamless the process is, how affordable the ingredients are, filling, flavorful, and how it can easily be made in bulk to be enjoyed throughout the week!
If you need that soup staple to add to your collection, this vegan Miso Soup is one you’ll want to keep around for a long time!
Want to see this effortless recipe in actions?!
Watch this video above
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Can add Kale for even more of a nutrient boost
Yields 4 bowls
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 6-8 scallions, thinly sliced (additional for garnish)
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup miso paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp Tamari
- 1-14 oz. package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1 full sheet of seaweed sliced into strips
- black sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles, and cook for about 4 minutes, until tender. Drain; set aside in a bowl of cool water.
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and green onions, season with sea salt, and cook until the mushrooms are soft. Add the broth and water; bring to a boil.
- Whisk in the miso paste, garlic, ginger, and Tamari sauce. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cubed tofu, seaweed, and scallions.
- Before serving add the soba noodles, cubed tofu, seaweed, additional scallions and black sesame seeds.