Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
One of my favorite grains or well, “pastas”, is cous cous! Ironically I’m not a huge pasta person, but perhaps it’s because of the interesting name, the grainy texture, or because it pairs seamlessly with all of these ingredients, but whatever the case..
I love cous cous!
With a goal to revamp some of my EDS faves to include recipe tutorials I decided take on this classic dish and turn it into a more nutrient dense option. I’ve been on a cauliflower binge to find more ways to use this veggie and just like that..
The vegan Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower Rice was born!
Many of you may be confused as to what the Ras El Hanout spice is or using blossom water in this dish. However, this spice is like the garam marsala for indian cuisine and can be used in a myriad of dishes. It’s a bend of cumin, cardamon, turmeric, and more and just bring endless flavor! Blossom water can be used in savory dishes as well as desserts! It adds a lightness to any dish and is just so much fun to work with.
What’s fab about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, colorful, affordable (if you have the spice and blossom water), packed with fiber, flavor, slightly sweet, savory, has texture, and perfect for every season!
If you love fun modern vegan eats, you have to try this recipe for vegan Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower Rice !!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with flavor
Packed with fiber
Per for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricots (chopped)
- 2-3 tsp Ras el hanout (seasoning)
- 1 cup raw unsalted Cashews
- 3 tsp Orange blossom water
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro (0ptional)
- 1/2 cup radish (sliced)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion or shallot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor, pulse until it resembles rice. Don't over process.
- In a large pan over medium heat add a drizzle of olive oil and diced onion. Cook until clear and fragrant (5 minutes) add the Ras El Hanout, salt, pepper, and continue to stir. Once cooked place in a large bowl to combine with the sliced radish, toasted cashews, blossom water, and dried apricot.
- Garnish with mint, and cilantro (optional) Toss to combine while adding more Ras el Hanout as desired.
to combine the flavors more you can cook the apricots with the onion!