Vegan Mushroom Leek Pasta
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Believe it or not, I’m not a huge pasta person. I create a pasta concept every now and again, but there are just a handful of pasta dishes that are just staples..
This is one of them!
I didn’t explore the glory of leeks until recently, but I was always intrigud by their look and I personally find them so much fun to work with given their mild onion flavor profile.
The traditional recipe calls for heavy cream, but I found that you can switch it up and simply opt for coconut milk or just almond milk if preferred. From a distance, based on looks alone, this recipe appears to be underwhelming.
However, looks are deceiving as behind these drab colors of leeks and mushrooms is a dish that just won’t quit!
I love this recipe for countless reasons! It’s quick, easy, timeless, involves around 10 ingredients, perf as a side dish, main dish, can be enjoyed during any season, is veggie packed, flavor packed, and even my husband who hates mushrooms loved it!
If you’re searching for modern vegan concepts, you have to try my recipe for vegan Mushroom & Leek Pasta!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2 servings
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups sliced bella mushrooms
- 2 leeks thinly sliced, halved, then quartered (1/2 moon slices)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 tbsp tarragon
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Vegan parm to serve
- Lemon slices
- Take a pan, heat up oil and add mushrooms, fry for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped garlic and leeks, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, bring to boil.
- Add coconut cream and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and turn off heat.
- Let pasta marinate and absorb the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon, lemon slices, & vegan parm.