Olive Tapenade Sandwich
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Since I typically mix it up with featuring a sweet and savory dish..
This recipe for an effortless Olive Tapenade Sammie is way overdue!
If you love olives, and love a quick and easy vegan concoction that doesn’t disappoint..
Then this is the recipe for you..
What’s magical about this combination is that it’s colorful, flavorful, and packs lots of nutrients!
(also, a olive tapenade can be used on a plethora of dishes or eaten by itself on even just crackers)
Although I’m super sensitive to sodium, I’m not bothered by olives, which is superberp, because they add tons of flavor, texture, and are full of omega 3’s
While throwing together a vegan sandwich can take just only a few minutes…
You can take an extra 10 minutes just to make this glorious sandwich that increases the flavor and nutritional value and gets you 1 step closer to meeting your daily recommended intake of a myriad of nutrients.
Why this recipe rocks:
Makes a mundane vegan sandwich superb!
Olives are awesome
Savory and filling
- 4 kale leaves
- 1 sprig basil
- 1/4 cup cashews, pine nuts, or pumpkin seeds (super cheap and they work!)
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 tbsp nutrition yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Gardein chicken patties
- Bread for serving
- Soak pumpkin seeds overnight. Place in a food processor with the rest of the cheese toppings. Blend until smooth, set aside.
- Blend the olive mixture until in small crumbles. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, cook the patties in 1 tbsp olive oil for 5-7 minutes until yogurt a good sear.
- When ready combine all the ingredients in layers and top with arugula and avocado for the perf tapenade sammie!