Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Although its a holiday, this recipe NEEDS to be shared because as a true Southern Bell..
this Spicy Peach BBQ sauce is an essential staple marinade you need for a plethora of dishes!
I know what you’re thinking, many companies offer pre-made marinades etc, but did you know they are typically chock full of preservatives, added sugars and other components that may not even be disclosed on an ingredient label?
When it comes to just about anything food related, Make it yourself.
This marinade along with my Korean BBQ sauce are the FIRST two sauces I’ve ever explored, and I have to say hands down they are my go to for EVERYTHING when wanting to incorporate quick flavor to a dish.
If you don’t have a lot of excess time to make get fancy with your dinner, YOU NEED THIS MARINADE.
If you don’t have time to make fresh marinades, simply make this in bulk and store in the fridge for weeks!
Whether vegan or not, this fresh Spicy Peach BBQ sauce is both smoky and sweet and compliments anything and everything.. (promise)
Make a Gardein Vegan Pork Slider or..
Make a classic Grilled BBQ Chicken Sammie
Eat Drink Shrink
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion (or any other onion)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 yellow peaches, the riper the better, diced (about 1 1/2 - 2 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package of Gardein wings
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, saute until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, chiles in adobo sauce, apple cider vinegar, chopped peaches peaches, lemon juice, dijon, brown sugar, and liquid smoke. Whisk together. Once bubbling, stir in the water, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool before transferring to a glass jar. Store in the fridge. To make the wings, defrost them, and place in a medium size pan on med heat with olive oil. Cook the wings for 5 to 7 minutes and get a good sear on them. Move to high heat and add 2 tbsp of the BBQ sauce. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Sauce should caramelize and provide grill like marks. Remove from heat and enjoy!
For more spice add more chilis in adobo or chili pepper flakes I came out with 2 1/2 cups, which lasted forever because the flavor was super concentrated