Peach Oatmeal Blender Waffles
Hello & Happy Friday!!
With pregnancy I’ve been craving a handful of items, but nothing in the realm of pickles and ice cream lol. However, I’ve been all about some oat waffles!! Typically waffles are packed with white flour, but oat flour works exactly the same providing a great texture, but also nutrients and fiber leaving you fuller longer.
For years I avoided oats as I went thru a phase was a vegan where I ate them all the time. As a result I got burnt out and just skipped them. I’ve used them as a binder in various vegan burger recipes, but had yet to throw them into recipes such as waffles and cookies, but it works!!
What’s fab about these waffles, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, can be thrown in a blender, packs a peach flavor, are more filling than traditional waffles, gluten free, contain no dairy or eggs, perf for summer, can easily be made in bulk, and are just such a staple!!
If you love an effortless vegan/gluten free waffle or anything with peaches, you’re going to love these new vegan + gluten free Peach Oatmeal Waffles!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for summer
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 banana
- 1/2 large peach
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until it forms a fine dust
- Now add in the remaining ingredients. Blend all ingredients in a blender until almost smooth. Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto waffle iron.
- Allow waffle to cook and leave on the iron for a little longer to achieve a more crispy outer edge.
- Continue with the rest of the batter. Depending on the size of your waffle iron, recipe should make about 4-5 waffles.
- Top with coconut whip and sliced peaches!