Vegan Peach Pesto Pizza
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If there is one thing I love about summer, it’s the food!
I find it typically lighter, brighter, and more packed with fruits and veggies.
One of my fave summer fruits is peaches. Not to make desserts, but to throw them in savory dishes! Whether its a salad or bbq sauce or this particular pizza, I love how they add a hint of sweetness to recipes!
This recipe came to fruition while craving peaches, a slice, and a balsamic glaze!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s straightforward, no nonsense, packs tons of fruits, veggies, healthy fats, and has great presentation!
If you’re looking for a summer inspired pizza that’s rich with flavor and nutrients..
You have to try may recipe for Peach Pesto Pizza!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for summer!
Tons of texture!
Yields 8 slices
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup nuts (I used cashews)
- 2 cups fresh basil
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup vegan Follow Your Heart grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water or as needed for thinning
- 2 cup arugula
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- olive oil for coating
- 4 peaches fresh, thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes
- 1 block vegan Follow Your Heart mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup frisee lettuce
- 2 cups arugula
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup basil, sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pesto: Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.Taste and adjust and set aside.
- Balsamic glaze: in a small pan over medium heat add the ingredients, stir to dissolve the sugar, cook for 5-7 minutes until it thickens
- Pizza: Preheat the oven to 450. Roll out the pizza dough to a 12" thin circle. Transfer to a pizza pan (I like the ones with holes on the bottom, gives a crispier crust). Coat the edges with olive oil. Flash bake the dough for 5-7 minutes. Remove, spread the pesto generously all over the pizza. Add the grated vegan parmesan and mozzarella. Add chopped peaches and tomatoes, then top with additional cheese and bake for 10-12 mins or until edges are nicely browned. Remove from heat, let cool, top with arugula, frisee, sliced basil, avocado, and balsamic glaze!