Hello & Happy Monday!!
Although it’s post Christmas our bodies are probably all craving light n’ fresh recipes..
Believe it when I say, that this recipe is packed full of veggies and flavor and doesn’t dissapoint!
I’ve always been a huge fan of pesto, but typically find it always on pasta, but pesto pizza.. is my favoriate “carbtastic” way to enjoy a good pesto!
What’s perfection about this recipe is that its easy, can be made in advance, and the toppings even used on a sandwich versus a pizza crust!
Whether it’s the effortlessness of this recipe, how nutrient dense it is, or just hoe aesthetically pleasing it is to the eye..
This Vegan Kale n’ Spinach Pesto Pizza is the perf way to get your pizza fix sans calories!
Still not sold on this pesto pizza?!
8k other people were on One Green Planet!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Pesto with kale and spinach
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups kale
- 1/2 cup vegan parmasan
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup olive (more if needed)
- 4 cloves garlic (peels on)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or other nut
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cups baby heirlooms
- 2 avocados
- 2 portobello caps - marinated in 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- cracked black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- Was mushrooms, place shrooms and marinade ingredients in a bag and let them soak overnight in the fridge.
- Post marination: Preheat oven to 375. Remove caps from bag and place full caps on a pan in oven with garlic. Wrap unpeeled garlic with ends cut off, coated in a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt in aluminum foil, and roast both for 30 minutes.
- Crust: To make the crust, add yeast and sugar to warm water and allow to proof for 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to lowest setting, after preheating is done, turn it off.
- While the yeast is proofing, combine the salt, nutritional yeast, garlic, and flour in the bowl. Once yeast is bubbling, combine with the flour mixture and then add the olive oil. Start to mix the dough by hand and then start to knead it on a floured surface. The dough should be soft but not sticky; add more flour if necessary. Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a nice ball. Pour a little more olive oil into the bottom of the bowl and put the dough back in, turning it once to coat with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, set it in the preheated oven, and allow to rise for for at least 45 minutes to an hour.
- When the dough has risen, punch it down, remove it from the bowl, and place it on a clean, well-floured counter. To make the dough more manageable, divide the dough into 3 equal portions so that you can achieve the right size. Roll each portion out to a thickness of 1/8-1/4″.
- Roll out the dough onto a greased pizza pan, coat the edges with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes on 350 degrees before golden brown.
- While the dough is baking make the pesto. Throw all of the ingredient in a food processor and blend. Once pizza is done baking, top with fresh pesto, arugula, tomatoes, avocado and mushrooms.