Pink Dragonfruit Sushi Rolls
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
As much as I love sushi, I’m not an iron chef at making it and I actually loathe making rice in general as I feel it never comes out right. (truth) Believe it or not, depending on the roll, sushi is less of a struggle than it appears!
Even if this handmade roll doesn’t come out like sheer perfection, the vibrancy in color is there, the flavor is there, and like anything else.. it takes practice!
What I love most about this recipe is the it’s of course colorful, flavforul, nutrient dense, has more texture with the addition of asparagus, but most of all.. it’s fun to make!
If you’re looking to explore pink dragonfruit or vegan sushi that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try this recipe for vegan Pink Dragonfruit Rolls!
Why this recipe rocks:
Affordable (minus the dragonfruit)
Great for entertaining
Yields 20 pieces
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cup cooked sushi rice (2tbs rice vinegar)
- 1/2 cup defrosted Pitaya Plus Pink Dragonfruit
- 4 large sheets of seaweed
- 8 stalks of asparagus - 1 inch of ends removed
- 2 avocados - seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers (peeled, seeds removed, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Mayo
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- optional garnish: Black sesame seeds and scallions
- Mix the cooked sushi rice with dragonfruit and rice vinegar. Lay out the seaweed sheets and pile on the cooked sushi rice throughout. Top in layers the cucumber, avocado, asparagus facing the same direction, being to roll up. The seaweed will become more pliable within minutes of using. Slice with a sharp knife going in one direction, not back and forth.
- Spicy Mayo: Combine the vegan mayo and siracha and top the sushi with it!