Vegan Spanish Potato Salad
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I know what you’re thinking, potato salad, like how good could this be..
I mean, …its potato salad lol
Truth, I’ve never really ever made potato salad, nor have I ever been a potato salad person (and I’m from Georgia)
But when you combine two of your favorite things aka jalapeño and grilled corn..
You’re bound to create something that’s pure gold.
If you’re looking for the perf vegan side dish to accompany anything, specifically vegan chicken or fish tacos.. or even want to throw this tater salad on a sammie to add a flavor and nutrient boost.
You have to try this..
Its effortless, flavorful, bright, and will completely impress your tastebuds.. promise!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for grilling
Great by itself
Yields 4 cups
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 pieces of corn
- 4 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp vegan butter butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon spanish spices
- Potato Salad
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan Mayo
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan Sour Cream
- 1 can Black beans
- 1/2 red Red Onion
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 Lime (Juice)
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 jalapeños (sliced)
- 1 1/2 tsp Spanish seasonings (cumin, chili powder etc)
- 1/2 bunch of scallions (thinly sliced)
- 3-4 cups mini russet potatoes
- 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro (more for garnish)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1-2 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 350, coat the corn in butter and Spanish spices, lime, and vegan parmesan cheese. Place on the rack for more of a grilled effect or wrap in tin foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until soft. Once done, let cool, and remove from the cob. Place in the middle of a bun cake mold to catch the turn as you remove it. It catches all of the corn as it comes off. (game changer)
- Heat a medium size pot on the stove with 2 tsp salt water and cook the rinsed and sliced potatoes until for soft. Once cooked remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl add the cooled potatoes, grilled seasoned corn, lime juice, zest, garlic, rinsed black beans, chopped onion, sea salt, jalapeños, scallions, cilantro, toss together, then add in the sour cream and mayo and combine. Top the potato salad with avocado,hemp seeds and more cilantro.