Vegan Mexican Potato Salad
Thank you Potatoes USA for sponsoring this post. Make a delicious and convenient meal for your family tonight with potatoes!
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
In all my life, I think I’ve had potato salad perhaps a handful of times. That’s a bold statement being that I’m originally from Georgia lol. Although I like a good potato salad, it’s just on my radar or in any restaurants unless it’s a bbq concept. So why does potato salad get such a bad wrap?! It’s typically packed with just potatoes, mayonnaise and perhaps som dill leaving little nutrients to gain from it. That being said, I wanted to create a more modern potato salad concept that except packed color, nutrients, and flavor!
and the vegan Mexican Potato Salad was born!
Some of us shy away from potatoes, but I love how they can bulk up recipes to add texture, color and nutrients! What’s great about this dish, is everything! It’s easy, affordable, includes accessible ingredients, packs heat, multiple varieties of potatoes, nutrients, perfect for any season, tons of fiber, kale, and is non vegan approved!
If you love effortless concepts that pack nutrients and flavor, you’ll love this recipe for vegan Mexican Potato Salad!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for grilling
Great by itself
The landscape of nutrition is always changing, but potatoes will always be my convenient go to that’s packed with fiber and potassium! Did you know that they have one of the highest levels of potassium next to countless other veggies?
Potatoes are a culinary blank canvas with endless possibilities!
Yields 6 cups
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup vegan parm
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan Mayo
- 1/2 can Black beans
- 1/2 red Red Onion
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 Lime (Juice)
- 2 jalapeños (sliced)
- 2 tbsp chives or 1/2 cup scallions (thinly sliced)
- 3-4 cups mini potatoes
- 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro (more for garnish)
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- Slightly grease corn with olive oil. Grill corn for 5-7 minutes until you achieve a good char. Shuck the corn. set aside.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender. Quarter and set aside to cool.
- Throw everything in a bowl, minus the avocado. Toss and coat. Throw in the avocado at the last minute. This prevents it from being crushed, discovered, and fresh! Squeeze lime over it before chopping to further preserve it.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Thank you Potatoes USA for sponsoring this post. Make a delicious and convenient meal for your family tonight with potatoes!