Purple Sweet Potato Soup
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
I’m forever in a place where I gravitate towards color! So this Purple Sweet Potato Soup was a no brainer!
Sweet potatoes are a perf addition in a myriad of recipes for both sweet and savory dishes, they can instantly take a an everyday dish to a fantastic one!!
Although not a huge soup person, I find that soups are the perf idea for every seasons for those with limited time as they typically pack less calories and you can literally throw it all in a pot and carry on with your day and when it comes time to eat its ready and most importantly..
It can be made in bulk to last you throughout the week, it’s cost effective, and can be nutrient dense!
Fun facts: Did you know that potatoes actually contain more potassium than a banana? .. So perhaps those fries after a long night were actually not such a bad idea (jk)
It’s important to note that when seeking out purple potatoes you may not find a sweet potato variety, but all can be used in the recipe and achieve the same flavor by using more spices to enhance the sweetness of the more starchier varieties.
If you’re looking for that bold winter vegan soup that doesn’t disappoint…
You need to try this recipe for Purple Sweet Potato Soup!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for any season!
Sweet and Savory!
- 1 Tbsp. of non-hydrogenated lard or bacon fat or butter (or coconut oil)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 sprig time
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped roughly
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 4 purple carrots, ends cut off and carrots chopped roughly
- 4 cups diced peeled purple potatoes cut into small cubes: More potatoes, more texture
- seat salt and pepper, to taste
- chives, for serving
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the carrots, purple onion, garlic, and ginger. over very low heat until just golden. Add the potatoes, salt and vegetable in a pan and bring to a boil. Simmer 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Let cool slightly, then add the coconut cream, and throw in a blender and puree until smooth. You may have to do it in positions.
- Top with additional thyme, pumpkin seeds, and coconut cream