Pumpkin & Sage Rigatoni
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias #cbias
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If there is one dish I’m forever head over heels for, its pumpkin and sage pasta! While I don’t make pasta on the regular, I find that its a quick effortless addition to any meal that can be packed with tons of veggies and nutrients!
First of all, I’m not quite sure as to why all these flavors blend seamlessly together, but they just do!
What I personally love about this Pumpkin & Sage dish is simply, everything. The aesthetic appeal screams fall weather, tons of kale, the pumpkin aroma resonates with everyone, it has minimal ingredients that are both accessible and affordable such as Barilla®, multiple textures with the shiitake bacon, and has both a savory and sweet flavor profile.
If there is one dish that will complete your fall recipe routine, you need to try my recipe for vegan Pumpkin & Sage Rigatoni with shiitake bacon!
Save 5% at your local target here (expires October, 29th)
Why this recipe rocks:
Slightly sweet and savory!
Perfect for fall
Great for entertaining
Can be served inside a pumpkin for more aesthetic appeal
Cook the Barilla pasta to al dente. Make the pumpkin sauce and choose your toppings, weather it be faux vegan sausage or my preference of homemade shiitake bacon!
Slice shiitakes and coat in the ingredients
Bake on 250 degrees for 30 minutes, rotate midway to ensure and even bake, and simply top all your favorite Barilla pasta dishes with it!
25 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 4 cups Barilla Classic Blue Box rigatoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 medium shallot or red onion, diced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 sage leves minced
- 2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups almond milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 bunch of kale, (removed from stems) leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 cup vegan Parm
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 vegan vegan apple and sage sausages (0ptional)
- 1 packages of shiitakes (sliced)
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Shiitake Bacon: Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients and bake in the oven on 250 for 30 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard. (coat in ingredients for however long you can)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the shallots, sage, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the almond milk and bring to a simmer. Stir in the chopped kale and simmer for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in the vegan parm. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Toss the pasta with the pumpkin sauce and top with shiitake bacon, vegan parm, and pumpkin seeds!