Vegan Quinoa Fritters
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I know this statement sounds redundant, but this week just flew by! I feel as though it flies by even faster having a puppy as they literally grow overnight and before you know it, they are not a puppy anymore lol.
On another note, I’ve always had a thing for fritters! I love the sweet ones, but have only experienced one that was vegan. I also love the more common savory varieties as well. The concept that I can throw a bunch of lingering veggies in my fridge into a bowl and come out with something wonderful, well, I’m all about that!
While I’ve only explored one fritter concept thus far, Zucchini Fritters, I was completely blown away by just how good they came out. If you’re looking to jump on the zucchini fritter train and love a hint of spice, you have to try my recipe!
Since I only tried one fritter recipe, I wanted to explore other varieties. Thus the quinoa fritter was born!
In all honesty, like most vegan versions to anything that involves egg, its a toss up as to how the quality will be, except this recipe came out perfect! What may seems strange at first was that you need a excess egg to serve as a binder in cooking the fritters, but that’s what’s going to hold it together as you cook. You can perhaps use a flax egg as an alternative, but whether its the FYH egg or another variety, you need it in order for this recipe to work.
What I love about this recipe is, everything! Its packed to the max with nutrients, herbs, and flavor and the tahini sauce adds a hint of sweetness that just knows it out of the park. The recipe is quick, affordable, ingredients are accessible minus the vegan egg (can order on Amazon I think), can be made in bulk, perfect for any season, can use other veggies you prefer, and is non vegan approved!
If you’re looking for that effortless fritter, look no further!
You have to try my recipe for vegan Quinoa Fritters with Citrus Tahini Sauce!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Citrus tahini adds the perfect hint of sweet
Non vegan approved
Can be thrown on a sandwich
25 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 2 cup tri color quinoa (cooked)
- 2 scallions
- 5 sprigs parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup kale (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 3 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg Powder
- 1 orange - juice
- 1 large orange (any variety) - zest, but leave 1 tsp
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini (pureed smooth if hard)
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Prep the fritter ingredients by finally chopping the scallions, parsley (remove stems), kale (remove stems), zest orange, and in a large bowl combine the egg powder with juice from one orange until the consistency is thick and no clumps remain.
- In the large bowl add all the remaining ingredients minus the Tahini Sauce, season with salt and pepper. Mix well with hands and combine patties into 1 inch thick patties or smaller if you prefer. The fritters should feel slightly damp.
- In a large pan ovr medium haat warm 2tsp of oil and work in batches cooking the quinoa patties until golden brown, roughly 4-5 minutes. I rotated my to achieve an even cook all around. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- To assemble the sauce combine all of the ingredients and top the patties with it. Garnish with additional parsley or if you're craving a sandwich simply throw them on some buns with fresh greens!