Roasted Veggie Sandwich
Hello & Happy Friday!!
With all the leftover foodies from Thanksgiving, we find ourselves trying to salvage all of the holiday amazingness.
The best way to optimize your leftovers.. sandwiches!
This recipe was inspired by leftovers and the classic roasted root vegetables as I love how they are flavorful, affordable, easy, filling, bright, nutrient dense and just all around the perf eats for the winter months.
if you’re looking to improvise with your leftover veggies or are simply need to incorporate more into your diet, I highly recommend this effortless effortless combo for a Roasted Root Vegetable Sammie with Guacamole and Cashew Cheese served with Jalapeño Fries.
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Spicy cashew cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 medium parsnips, scrubbed well or peeled
- 5 medium purple carrots, scrubbed well or peeled
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 large beet
- Salt and pepper
- 4 buns
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts for garnish
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tbsp spirulina
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 chili in adobo sauce
- 3 large carrots washed, peeled, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1 tsp cumin
- soak cashews overnight in water
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Wash and trim the vegetables and cut the biggest beets in half. Spread the vegetables out on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, honey, and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, cumin and coriander. Roast the veggies in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender on the inside, but crisp on the outside.
- Meanwhile, drain the water from the cashews and throw everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For the guacamole, throw everything in a bowl and mash together.
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots into fries. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin and jalapeño. For more spice, rub the carrots with the jalapeño! Bake in the oven on 350 for 15 minutes until crispy
- Build a sammie with the spicy cashew cheese, veggies, and guacamole! Top with alfalfa sprouts if you're feeling fancy!