Vegan Siracha Spiced Cashews
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
When it comes to holidays, I’m all about the apps and snacks. Since I cook all day, I love to explore different flavors as I find the most joy in that versus a full meal with one focus. Needless to say, I have a few go to snack/app options that you just can’t go wrong with.
One of them, is these effortless vegan Siracha Spiced Cashews!!
I know what you’re thinking, Siracha? Christmas? I’m telling you, it’s all about the nuts, and it’s all about the fun flavors and this one doesn’t disappoint. While the Sirach obsession is dying down, I’m still all about the heat factor in recipes. For myself it’s like adding salt, you just can’t go wrong.
Surprisingly I once loathed spicy foods. I couldn’t handle it and would shy away from anything that was too hot for my tastebuds. Today, I crave it! The science behind that is that as we age we lose tastebuds and crave more flavor. Once we hit our senior years we can barely taste anything, which is why you’ll see many grandparents consuming foods that are actually spoiled or not throwing away foods once expired. Kids on the other hand, are super tasters, which is why they don’t like vegetables etc. #science
While love a good complex recipe, when throwing together endless dishes, easy is the way to go and these Siracha Spiced Cashews are the perfect fit!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, you can modify the sugar or Siracha, has notes of ginger and lime, can easily be made in bulk, is perf for entertaining, and is hands down my favorite snack!!
If you love effortless snacks, love anything with heat, you’re going to be head over heels for these Siracha Spiced Cashews!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for gifts
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 cups
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 4 cups raw cashews
- 2 tbsp Siracha (depending on the spice you want to achieve)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp lime zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, lime juice, and ginger. Bring to a quick boil, stirring frequently, until the sugar melts. Remove from heat. Taste the heat factor and if you need more spice add it now.
- Pour over the cashews in a mixing bowl. Stir well to evenly coat them. Add the sesame seeds and stir again to combine.
- Spread the cashews out on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minute minutes. Once done, turn off the oven and leave the cashews in there to dry out even further. Remove from heat, allow to cool and break up into pieces.
If you want to create more brittle like chunks you can keep the cashews close together while baking. For single nut pieces be sure to spread out.