Sweet Siracha Spiced Nuts
(Old recipe, new images!)
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
In the midst of grad classes, my first non profit event this weekend, volunteering at the hospital, and finishing up a dessert e-book.. I thought I would share a quick post, for a SUPER quick recipe.. that is well..
As someone who was never into spice, perhaps it stems from someone giving me one of the hottest asian peppers and telling me it was a carrot, I’ll leave the rest of that story to your imagination, whatever the case.. I never really enjoyed the sensation of my mouth being on fire while simultaneously trying to enjoy my food.. lol
After jumping on the bandwagon, I felt I hate to explore Siracha.. since the world is oversaturated with just how glorious it is. Today, I finally get it! Siracha is actually very versatile and can be used in a myriad of recipes!
If you love easy recipes (the only ones I do) that are affordable, a lil sweet, a lil spicy, and all in all superb!
This recipe will be your new best friend…
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for gifts
- - 1/2 pound Cashews or mixed nuts, raw unsalted
- - 3-5 tbsp Siracha (depending on the spice you want to achieve)
- - 1 tbsp. Fresh Ginger
- - 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- - Juice 1/2 lime
- - 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- • In a very small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, lime juice, and ginger. Heat over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar melts. Remove from heat.
- • Pour the cashews into a mixing bowl. Drizzle the sugar mixture over the cashews and stir well to evenly coat them. Add the sesame seeds and stir again to combine.
- • Spread the cashews out on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Once done, remove from heat, allow to cool before serving.
- - Top with lime zest to enhance lime flavor