Vegan Siracha Spiced Cashews
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I’m taking the time to re-share some of my EDS foodie faves! This concept was one of the first recipes ever produced in the midst of grad classes, my first non profit event, volunteering at the hospital, and finishing up a dessert e-book, this recipe still makes me swoon.
Once upon a time, I was ironically never into spice. As I got more into cooking and building flavor profiles, I now view heat as an integral part of dishes and gravitate towards it like salt lol. This recipe for Siracha Spiced Cashews was created a midst the siracha epidemic. While Id on’t use it as much, this recipe is still one of my “go to’s”.
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It involves literally 5 ingredients, 15 minutes, it’s accessible, affordable, packs texture, heat, can easily be made in bulk, great for gifts, and non vegan approved!!
If you love savory and sweet, and all things with a little bit of heat, you have to try my recipe for Siracha Spiced Cashews!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great for gifts
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 4 cups raw cashews
- 3-5 tbsp Siracha (depending on the spice you want to achieve)
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a very small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, lime juice, and ginger. Heat over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar melts. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cashews into a mixing bowl. Drizzle the sugar mixture over the cashews and stir well to evenly coat them. Add the sesame seeds and stir again to combine.
- Spread the cashews out on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Once done, remove from heat, allow to cool before serving.
- Top with lime zest to enhance lime flavor