Siracha Tofu with Coconut Rice
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Since this past year, I’ve gotten more and more into spicy foods. (I couldn’t handle spice for well.. my entire life, don’t judge me lol)
Spicy foods can actually boost the metabolism and offer more flavor to classic dishes! I also find that when something is spicy I feel satiated much faster than if I consumed non spicy foods. Thus aiding in not overeating and ultimately weight loss.
What’s amazing about this dish is not only how wonderful the flavors combine, but that you can make large portions for just a few dollars and even throw in more veggies if you’d like to get more of a nutrient boost.
So in a nutshell, filling, flavorful, and SUPER affordable!
Yields 2 servings
25 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 2 tbsp scallion
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp Sweety & Tangy sauce (has yellow lable, found in thai section)
- 2 tbsp Siracha
- 2 Baby bok choy
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2-4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 Block of extra firm tofu
- Bring a medium size pot to a boil with water, coconut milk, and sea salt, throw in the rice, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes with lid on. Don't remove until cooked and lightly fluff with a fork
- in a medium saucepan cook the tofu with ginger, scallion, tamarind, Siracha, tangy sauce, lime juice until tofu is lightly cooked on each side.
- Chop the baby Bok Choy and place in pan with everything, cook for a few minutes, remove from heat and serve with rice.
- Top with scallions and sesame seeds