Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Monday!!
This year I’ve been recreating all my favorite EDS recipes! Whether I wasn’t crazy about the images captured or if it was before the tutorial days, I love revisiting my favorites so that others can love them just as much as I do.
This recipe was created a midst all of the wedding planning. Being overly ambitious I decided to take on all the planning rather than hiring someone. Needless to say, I was running Eat Drink Shrink, staying up all hours of the night to organize everything, ultimately hanging on by a thread.. and finding the most effortless recipes to share with everyone as a result!
Cauliflower is one of those magical unicorn type veggies as it can be used for a myriad of recipes. You can roast it, make a pizza crust, make a sauce, make bites of all varieties and you can make cauliflower rice, which is a million more times filling than the standard rice as it packs more fiber, and more nutrients to boot! As a Mexican food enthusiasts, this would have to be my favorite rice concoction!
What I love about this dish is that it’s effortless, can be made in bulk, affordable, has multiple texture, heat, avocado, high in protein, high in fiber, and is great for entertaining!
If you love Spanish eats, effortless eats, or just like to eat.. this recipe for vegan Spanish Cauliflower Rice is for you!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer
Can easily be made in bulk
Great for entertaining
Yields 6 cups
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 large head cauliflower, shredded or finely ground
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. adobo suace with peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup black beans (rinsed)
- 2/3 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 sprigs of cilanro
- 1 avocado
- Sour Cream as desired
- Shred cauliflower in a food processor, pulse until finely ground into pieces slightly larger than cooked rice. Dice onion, jalapeño, mince garlic.
- Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, coming, cumin, chili powder, and salt, and cook for a minute to flavor the oil. Increase the heat to high, add onion, cook until translucent, then add black beans, scook for a few minutes, add adobo sauce, salsa, lime juice, then then add the cauliflower.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until the moisture is evaporated and the cauliflower is light and fluffy. Strain if needed. Top with lime juice, avocado, vegan sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.