Vegan Spanish Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
With out wedding in less than 10 days of been gravitating towards more and more effortless eats as I’m struggling to find the time for longer recipes.
Sometimes, the best recipes are the easiest!
As a whole, I love Spanish inspired foods. They pack flavor, heat, typically lime and cilantro, and is just my cup of tea through and through.
If I had to say what my fave vegetable is, it’s cauliflower.
You can roast it, make a pizza, make a sauce, make bites of all varieties and you can make cauliflower rice, which is a million more times filling than the standard rice as it packs more fiber, and more nutrients to boot!
What I love about this dish is that its effortless, can be made in bulk, affordable, has multiple texture, heat, avocado, high in protein, high in fiber, and is great for entertaining!
If you love Spanish eats, effortless eats, or just like to eat..
This recipe for vegan Spanish Cauliflower Rice is for you!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer
Can easily be made in bulk
Great for entertaining
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch this clip above!!
Yields 6 cups
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 large head cauliflower, shredded or finely ground
- ½ red onion, shredded or diced
- 2 cloves garlic, shredded or minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. adobo suace
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup black beans (rinsed)
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chile, halved (optional), or sub 1 small can of diced green chiles
- 1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1 lime
- 2 sprigs of cilanro
- 1 avocado
- Shred cauliflower in a food processor, pulse until finely ground into pieces slightly larger than cooked rice. Dice onion, jalapeño, mince garlic.
- Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, coming, chili powder, and salt, and cook for a minute to flavor the oil. Increase the heat to high, add onion, cook until translucent, then add black beans, cook for a few minutes, add adobo sauce, lime juice, then add cauliflower.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until the moisture is evaporated and the cauliflower is light and fluffy. Strain if needed. Top with lime juice, avocado, and cilantro. Serve immediately.