Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I’ve been recreating all my favorite EDS recipes and tweaking them to perfection! One of my all time favorites, is this Mexican Cauliflower Rice!! In recent years cauliflower has truly taken over. You can use it for anything from soups to mashed potatoes, pizza crusts, and more. One of my favorite approaches to cauliflower, is rice!!
I find it to be like a blank canvas, which I love, because it makes the options endless in terms of creating flavor. If you know me, you know I love all things Mexican and Greek, so this Mexican Cauliflower Rice was a no brainer!!
While I don’t shy away from rice, I love rice because it packs more fiber which makes it more filling than any other traditional rice. Pair that cauliflower rice with some plant protein and you have one filling affordable dish!
What’s fab about this Mexican Cauliflower rice, is everything! It’s quick, easy, features staple ingredients, packs flavor, heat, notes of lime, is affordable, perf for any season, perf for frozen cauliflower rice, can easily be made in bulk, pairs perf as a side dish, fiber and protein packed, and will turn any cauliflower rice hater into a lover in minutes!!
If you’re looking for staple cauliflower rice dishes or are new to cauliflower rice all together, you’re going to love this effortless vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer
Can easily be made in bulk
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 cups
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 2 Tbsps adobo suace (or 1 pepper chopped)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- Juice from 1/2 lime & cilantro
- If you can't find frozen cauliflower, shred cauliflower in a food processor, pulse until finely ground into pieces slightly larger than cooked rice.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and cook the frozen rice for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, set aside.
- Dice the red onion, jalapeño, mince garlic.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the remaining oil add the chopped red onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the remaining minced garlic, pickled jalapeños, cumin, chili powder, black beans, salsa, cooked cauliflower rice, salt, and cook and additional 5-7 minutes to combine the flavors and remove any additional moisture from the salsa.
- Top with lime juice, avocado, vegan sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.