Strawberry Rhubarb Mojito
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
While I typically consume only red wine, when summer weather hits and a variety of fruits are in season, I’m all about a fresh custom cocktail!
Whether its a beverage or a baked good, I love all things rhubarb! I find that the flavor profile is unique and it blends seamlessly with a variety of fruits!
What I love about this particular cocktail is that it packs lots of flavor, a bold color, presentation is perfection, and all in all its the perf go to summer cocktail whether vegan or not!
If you crave a modern cocktail that doesn’t disappoint, you have to try my Strawberry Rhubarb Mojito recipe!
Why this recipe rocks:
Puree can be made in bulk
Great for entertaining
Can make a syrup instead if you prefer (see notes)
Easy peasy summer mojito!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 stalks of rhubarb
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp corn starch combine with 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup strawberries
- 12 mint leaves
- 4 cup ice
- 2 limes - quartered
- 4 ounce lime juice, about 4 lime
- 1/2 cup white rum
- club soda as desired
- Garnish with lime and mint
- Rhubarb puree: In a large pan over medium heat add the washed and sliced strawberries an rhubarb. Combine with water and corn starch and add to the pan. Add the juice from half a lime. Cook for 7-10 minutes until the rhubarb starts to break down. Remove from heat, let cool, then add to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- In a tall glass muddle the mint and limes together to release their oils. Fill the glass with ice. Pour in the lime juice, rum and strawberry rhubarb puree and top the glass with club soda and garnish with additional mint and lime.
- Note: If you prefer to make a simple syrup combine 1 cup of sugar dissolved into one cup of water in a sauce pan over the stove. Cook for 7-10 minutes, remove the fruit, and let cool.