Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Pancakes
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If there is one combo I’m obsessed with when the warm weather hits, its Strawberry and Rhubarb!
For whatever reason, rhubarb seamlessly blends with strawberries!
What I enjoy most about this recipe is that its effortless, has great presentation, flavor, texture with the strawberries within the pancakes, pairs perfectly with the coconut whip, and the syrup is the icing on the cake that can be made in bulk and used with a myriad of recipes outside of this particular one!
If you’re looking for the perfect summer vegan pancakes that pack flavor and great presentation..
You have to try my vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Pancakes with coco whip!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perfect for summer
Sauce can be used for other recipes!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 10 pancakes
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries, rinsed- if using fresh blueberries
- 2 stalks of rhubarb (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- ¼ Cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar
- 2½ Teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small banana
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Cups Fresh strawberries
- 1 can of coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Syrup: Place strawberries and rhubarb, water, sugar, and lemon juice in small pan. Cook it, stirring occasionally, in medium heat. Let it come to a boil. In the mean time, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Slowly stir in the cornstarch into the pan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Place in a food processor then strain through nutmilk bag or cheese cloth to remove the pulp. Store it in an airtight jar in the fridge.
- Pancakes: Combine together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Measure out 2 cups of almond milk, add the apple cider vinegar, whisk to curdle. Add mashed banana & vanilla extract to the almond milk mixture. Add liquid mixture, and then melted coconut oil, to the flour mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in strawberries. Stir until combined.Meanwhile, grease griddle with a tablespoon or two of coconut oil. Heat griddle over medium heat.Add 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake into griddle, spacing it at least 1" apart. Cook for 2 minutes. Flip & cook other side for another 2 minutes. Garnish with additional strawberries and top with coconut whip and strawberry rhubarb syrup, serve warm!
- Coco whip:Throw the solid portion of the coconut milk in the bowl of a standing mixer with the whisk attachment. Add the vanilla and gradually add the powdered sugar. Chill for 10 minutes then top the pancakes with it!