Vegan Toubouli Salad
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Although I love fun intricate vegan eats, I also love a good go to salad that doesn’t disappoint.
This version of Tabouli salad incorporates kale in addition to the parsley, and quinoa instead of the standard bulger wheat… bringing the nutritional value to a whole other level
For those who crave a salad that’s dense, flavorful, and on point.. This is the perf side dish to compliment a fab falafel, hummus or even just by itself!
You’ll love this modern take on the classic Tabouli salad!
Why this recipe rocks:
Has greens and grains!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shallot
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup mini heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup kale - massaged & finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- Wash, massage, and slice the kale, shallot, tomatoes, parsley, and combine together with the cooked quinoa. In a separate bowl mix the the oil, lemon juice, and salt in a separate bowl. Pour over the tabouli, toss, chill and serve!
- You can use cracked wheat instead of quinoa for the more classic version
- Other options, add radish!