Taco salad with Avocado Cilantro Lime Cashew Dressing
Hello & Happy Friday!!!
While a salad technically could be a handful of greens and some avocado..Life is just too short for plain jane salads!
Don’t get me wrong, I love salads of all varieties, but one that encompasses everything I’m looking for prevents my tastebuds from getting bored.
My rules for making a fantastic salad. They must be colorful, flavorful, and have a variety of textures with a fab dressing!
What I love about this vegan taco salad is ..everything!
It has tons of color, veggies, packed with flavor, vegan protein, the crispy tortillas add crunch, the grilled corn a smokiness, and the citrus cilantro cashew dressing, with a hint of spice is the perfect last addition to this salad! While I don’t do a lot of faux meats, I love Sweet Earth Natural Foods crumbles as they don’t make the salad feel heavy or greasy and adds another dimension of texture and flavor.
If you’re looking for that perfect salad that doesn’t disappoint, this vegan Taco Salad is it!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Great for entertaining
Dressing is superb for a variety of recipes
Non vegan approved
Serves 2 large salads
35 minPrep Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup grilled corn
- 4 small corn tortillas (sliced)
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 package of Sweet Earth Foods Chiotle grounds (cooked)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 cup almond milk (add additional to achieve the desired consistency)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 1 tbs jalapeños
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- Salad: Grill corn, cook faux meat on stove with a little olive oil, chop the rest of the ingredients and throw in a bowl
- Dressing: Throw all the ingredients in the blender/food processor and blend until smooth
- Tortillas: Heat oil in a small pan on high heat. Add the sliced tortillas. Cook util gold brown. Let cool slightly, then add to salad.
- To assemble the salad, toss everything in, top with avocado, additional cilantro, tortillas, lime juice and the cashew dressing!