Hello & Happy Monday!!
As simple as this recipe is, I’m beyond elated to share it with you as its hands down one of my favorite recipes!
I had tried this concept ages ago at a local bar, yes, a bar, and although aesthetically all I could think was this is just a bunch of beans, but I was instantly hooked. Fast forward to 2016, I had a craving for this dip and just dove right in to recreate it, but with more veggies, more flavor, and spice!
What I love about this recipe is just, ..everything! Its affordable, quick, easy, great for entertaining, bright, colorful, flavorful, I could eat it during any season, any day of the week!
Being comprised of a handful of ingredients, and 99% being all veggies, requiring no baking, cane be made with a quickness and tastes like liquid gold.. I know you’re going to be completely enamored with this effortless concept.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack alternative to the everyday hummus or chips and salsa.. you have to try my classic vegan Texas Caviar that’s packed to the max with every veggie under the sun! (or well every veggie that goes lol)
Why this recipe rocks:
Quick and easy Texas Caviar!
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can or frozen organic white corn, cooked and drained
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- 1 can black eyed peas
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 bags Beanfield's vegan tortilla chips
- 1/2 tsp chile powder (optional)
- Mix together all of the above ingredients, chill in the fridge for a few hours, then serve with tortilla chips! All of the ingredients can be modified to fit your personal preference! I recommend the lime juice as it helps to prevent the avocados from browning.