Vegan Arugula Pesto Pistachio Pesto Twists
Hello & Happy Friday!!
When it comes to entertaining, I love an effortless recipe I can throw together while still looking like an iron chef. One of those are twists! You can easily pick up some pastry dough, which is surprisingly vegan and create a dessert or a breadstick that can be enjoyed with soups, salads, or even by themselves with a glass of vino. You just can’t go wrong.
When thinking of the best flavor to produce I knew I had to do a pesto! I love a good pesto as you can easily pack on the nutrients by incorporating everything from spinach to arugula, avocado and more. With a little extra pesto from my recent Italian Brussels, the rest was just a no brainer.
What’s fab about this particular pesto, is everything! It’s your staple pesto blend, but features arugula and pistachios, which surprisingly make a huge difference! The arugula enhances the flavor adding peppery notes and the pistachios add more texture and more depth than a pine nut. It’s quick, easy, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, can be used for pasta sauce and even paired with brussles! The twists are no mess, no fuss, great for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, and perf for any season!
If you’re carving the perf app for guests or the best quick and easy bread for soups and salads, you’re going to love these new vegan Arugula Pistachio Pesto Twists!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perfect for entertaining
Perfect for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 12 twists
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan parm
- 1/2 cup unsalted natural pistachios
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Sauce: Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove pastry dough from the freezer and allow to come to almost room temp where its more pliable.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each sheet into a 12-in. square.
- Spread pesto onto the pastry sheet covering the entire piece.
- Cut into 1-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip four times. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, pressing down ends. Repeat with remaining sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
I love to add a pinch of red pepper flakes to my pesto, totally optional tho!