Vegan Crispy Asparagus with truffle garlic aioli
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
If there is one veggie that’s always in my fridge, it’s asparagus!
I love to grill it, shave it, sautée it, you name it, I love it!
My least favorite thing about it is, how fast it spoils and the riboflavin content which can color things neon yellow and well, you know the rest lol
My husband loves to have his asparagus crispy, if it’s not crispy, he’s not happy. That being said, I wanted to explore an ultra crispy version to serve as an appetizer while entertaining..
and the Crispy Asparagus with truffle garlic aioli was born!
What I love about this dish is that it’s a handful of accessible and affordable ingredients, takes minutes, packs crunch, flavor, nutrient, and pairs seamlessly with the roast garlic and truffle aioli!
If you’re looking for seamless app recipes for entertaining then this vegan Crispy Asparagus with truffle garlic aioli is for you!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Yields 4-6 servings
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbsp. white truffle oil
- roasted garlic, diced
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. white truffle oil, for drizzling optional
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Panko
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap completely in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Once cool enough to handle, chop finely and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine everything except the Panko. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge asparagus in batter then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Top with additional parm and herbs. (optional)
- Aioli: In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredient. Drizzle in truffle oil and continue whisking until combined and smooth. Serve with asparagus.