Vegan Chocolate Bird’s Nests
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
If you know me, you know that I love holidays as it opens the door for more creativity and you can just have more fun with concepts. When thinking of effortless Easter recipes, I recall seeing these “bird’s nest” throughout childhood. I can’t say that I ever enjoyed one, but the process is so seamless I had to share. If you love haystacks (this is basically a haystack) or don’t even know what a haystack is, you’ll love this recipe!
There are other varieties that include butter and marshmallows, but you can actually skip all that and just focus on a chocolate option!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, fun to make, kid friendly, can be easily be made in bulk, has minimal ingredients, can be made sans jelly beans for an effortless year round treat, and is non vegan approved!
If you love effortless Easter recipes, you have to try my recipe for classic vegan Chocolate Bird’s Nests!
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 (12 oz) bag Lily's dark chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz) bag vegan butterscotch chips or just more chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz) bag chow mien noodles
- vegan jelly beans
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chips with coconut oil together stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in chow mien noodles.
- Spray muffin tins lightly with cooking spray.
- Drop by spoonfuls into a greased muffin tin and mold into nest shapes.
- Let set, you can also place in the refrigerator to help them set up quicker.
- Place jelly beans on in nests
You can find vegan butterscotch chips on Amazon!