Vegan Black Bean Dip
Hello & Happy Friday!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve always been a bean dip person. Sadly, the only bean dip that we had growing up was typically the store bought canned option, which is needless to say.. just plain terrible lol.
Bean dip gets a bad wrap for being just basic and underwhelming. That being said, I wanted to explore my own variety to make it flavor packed and memorable.
What’s fab about this dip, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, essential for Cinco de Mayo, and non vegan approved!
If you’re searching for that staple bean dip to use all year round, you have to try my vegan Bean Dip!!
[bctt tweet=”Love me some classic bean dip! Link: http://www.eatdrinkshrink.com/cooking/vegan-black-bean-dip” username=”eatdrinkshrink1″]
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 3 cups
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked drained black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tbsp diced mild green chiles
- Garnish: cilantro, red onion, optional green onion
- Process all ingredients until smooth. Top with garnishes, and enjoy!