Vegan Shiitake Bacon BLT Pasta Salad
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Every few weeks I go through phases to explore an area of recipes that are never on my radar. One in particular is..
Perhaps its a midwestern thing, I’m not sure, but I’ve never been one to pick up pasta from the store. If pasta is in my kitchen, its typically homemade. However, while thinking up quick and easy vegan concepts that pair perfectly with the spring temperatures, I realized.. there are no vegan pasta salad concepts!
Being that I’m not one to consume a bowl full of pasta unless packed with veggies I jumped at the chance to throw together some fab classic recipes that are colorful, effortless and pack tons of flavor and nutrients.
My first concept (well actually second, first coming soon!)
Vegan Shiitake Bacon BLT Salad!!
If there is one thing I’ll forever be enamored with, it’s shiitake bacon. It has that perf faux bacon taste without have to by a pre-made product with potential fillers etc and of course has that amazing crispness that just puts it over the top.
What I love about this dish is, everything. You can modify the veggies to cater to your tastebuds, use the ideal ratios you desire, can be made in minutes, packs nutrients, flavor, texture, color, cost pennies to make, and the avocado bacon ranch dressing just ties it all in together.
If you’re looking for that perf side pasta salad to add to your spring picnic or daily lunch, you have to try my recipe for a vegan Shiitake Bacon BLT Pasta Salad!!
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch this clip above!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Shiitake bacon will rock your world
Can easily be made in bulk
Non vegan approved
Avocado bacon ranch dressing (that is all)
Loaded with veggies
Yields 4 servings
20 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2 cup cooked pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup VEGAN Follow Your Heart ranch or blue cheese
- 1/3 cup shiitake bacon
- 1 package of shiitakes (sliced)
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper
- Shiitake Bacon: Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients and bake in the oven on 250 for 30 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard. (coat in ingredients for however long you can). Set aside to cool before incorporating into salad.
- Salad: Chop all the ingredients (minus the pasta) and throw together in a bowl
- Dressing: throw everything in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add almond milk to achieve the desired consistency. Combine with salad ingredients. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.