Vegan Blueberry Basil Muffins
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If there is one thing I love about the weekend, it’s a good muffin!! They can be thrown together in minutes, are like a blank canvas, and are perfect for every season!! When it comes to the perfect muffin texture, it’s not like that of a bread or a cupcake, it’s moist, but slightly dense. I came across the perfect muffin balance last year and created countless varieties since that moment.
To date I’ve done vegan Lemon Poppy Seed, Lemon Blackberry, Matcha Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Pear, Triple Berry, Lemon Blueberry, Double Dark Chocolate Chip, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine , Lemon Rosemary, & Dark Chocolate & Raspberry muffins!
While the majority of us gravitate towards staple flavors, combining herbs and fruit is just simply divine! Basil is good with strawberries, but especially blueberries. It makes a a simple fruit forward baked good more intricate in flavor and keeps you coming back for more.
What’s fab about this muffin, is everything. It’s my staple muffin recipe, quick, easy, buttery soft, features no dairy or eggs, packed with berries, has notes of basil, perf for brunch, perf for any season, and will keep your tastebuds on their toes!!
If you love fresh modern vegan concepts, you’re going to love these new vegan Blueberry Basil Muffins!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with blueberries
No dairy or eggs
Notes of basil
Perf for brunch
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 depending on size
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, shredded
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, additional for topping
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, vanilla extract, to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the fresh blueberries and shredded basil, and fill into the muffin cups. Top with additional blueberries and basil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Make an aluminum foil tent midway to prevent the tops from further drying out.